OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
The PokerStars.net Big Game (referred to as "The Contest") is sponsored by PokerStars.net, (the "Contest Sponsors"). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. The Contest runs from January 31, 2011 to December 31, 2011 (the "Contest Period").
During the Contest Period, free to enter Round 1 tournaments will be held daily at 17:30 ET, 19:30 ET, 21:30 ET and 23:30 ET. Each tournament will give players the chance to win a grand prize package to play on national TV in the PokerStars.net Big Game (a taped for television series taking place in a Las Vegas poker room).
To enter and be eligible to win, you must:
- Be a legal resident of the United States or Canada.
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the recording of the show.
- Be able to travel legally inside of the United States during the time of the recording of the show.
- Register for an account on PokerStars.net or have an existing account with PokerStars
- Enter one of the PokerStars.net daily Round 1 qualifiers.
- Abide by all terms and conditions set forth for this contest, including these official rules.
- METHOD OF ENTRY
No purchase necessary. To enter, simply:
- If you don't have a PokerStars account, please create one by following these simple steps:
- Log on to www.PokerStars.net (the "Website");
- Where prompted to do so, download and install the free "PokerStars" game software;
- Follow the instructions to fill in the registration questionnaire for a free PokerStars.net account. Participants must provide a valid name, address and e-mail address in addition to confirming that they are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside;
- Once registered, a player will receive a username of his/her own choosing along with a password to ensure the privacy of his/her PokerStars.net account.
- When logged in to the PokerStars software, go to the 'Tourney' & 'Regional' tab and look for the "PokerStars Big Game" events.
- Once a player has decided the tournament they would like to play in they simply double click the tournament link within the game software and click "Register." They must then play the poker game in the PokerStars.net Big Game tournament. Registration in each PokerStars Big Game Round 1 tournament is limited to 5000 players. Players may play in as many as they want of the daily Round 1 tournaments held at 17:30 ET, 19:30 ET, 21:30 ET and 23:30 ET from Janaury 31, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
- Each player will start with a designated amount of virtual play-money chips (no consideration required at any time during the Contest). The players will then play poker until only twenty players remains with play-money chips. There is no possibility of a tie.
- The players who finish in the top 200 of any of the PokerStars.net Big Game Final Round online qualifier will be asked to submit an audition movie. Only those who finished in the top 200 in each are entitled to submit an audition movie.
- Only one audition movie may be submitted per person per qualification.
- Audition movies must include the actual contest winner.
- Audition movies must be submitted within ten days of the satellite in which the winner placed in the top two hundred.
- Audition movies must be limited to two minutes.
- Players who appeared as a Loose Cannon in the past will not be chosen again in the future.
- A selection of audition movies will then be selected and those candidates will be given the opportunity to travel to take part in the PokerStars.net Big Game television series (the "TV show"). Tapings are currently scheduled for the Spring of 2011.
- The contestant plus one other will receive travel and accommodation expenses.
- If a player’s audition video was rejected they can subsequently enter and win another freeroll, and therefore have the right to submit another audition video.
- If you don't have a PokerStars account, please create one by following these simple steps:
In accordance with the foregoing rules, winners who have their two-minute audition movie chosen by the show’s producers will be awarded the following:
- Travel expenses for the contestant and a friend to and from the taping location and the chosen hotel.
- Hotel accommodation for the contestant and a friend at a hotel of PokerStars choosing
- PokerStars will arrange travel and accommodation to and from the event.
- The total retail value of all prizes that will be awarded in this contest is approximately $500,000. No cash or prize substitution is allowed unless agreed upon by PokerStars Management. All PokerStars Management decisions are final.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
- By entering this contest, entrants accept and agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors. By entering this contest, each prize winner authorizes the Contest Sponsors and their representatives to use in any related publicity, if required, their name, photograph, image, any statements they may make regarding the prize, place of residence and/or voice for advertising purposes worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet, without any form of compensation.
- Only the winners will be contacted following the end of the Tournament, at the telephone number and/or the e-mail address provided on the entry. The winners will be required to sign, and return within 10 business days, a Declaration and Release Form (the "Release Form") confirming compliance with these Official Contest Rules & Regulations, acceptance of a prize (awarded without substitution), and releasing the Contest Sponsors from any liability in connection with the Prizes or this contest. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within seven (7) business days at the telephone number and/or at the e-mail address provided, such winner shall be deemed to have irrevocably renounced his/her prize and any right to obtain the same. Additionally, upon failure to comply with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and all Tournament rules such winner shall be deemed to have irrevocably renounced his/her prize and any right to obtain the same. This includes cash awards or tournaments entries credited directly to a player’s account. Failure to acknowledge acceptance of any prize within 90 days will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Each winner must comply with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, the Tournament rules and rules of the TV event where the shows will be filmed. Each winner is solely responsible for any failure on his/her part to abide by any of the rules and regulations.
- By entering this Contest, all entrants give PokerStars (and all its affiliated and associated entities) the right to include their name and information on any of their mailing lists for promotional purposes relating to PokerStars and to use their name in any publicity carried out by them, and agree to grant to PokerStars a non-exclusive irrevocable license and right to incorporate, use and reproduce the winner’s photograph, voice, name and likeness in whole or in part in and in connection with the advertising, exhibiting, marketing, promotion and exploitation of their business in any manner, in all media throughout the world. Additionally, each winner must execute a release and affidavit of eligibility in the form to be provided to him/her by PokerStars
- Entrants assume, and hereby fully and finally release, the Contest Sponsors and their affiliated or associated companies and all of their respective employees from, any and all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest, or the use or misuse of any prizes granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to the prizes, including without limitation, in connection with travel.
- All other expenses on receipt and use of the prizes, including passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, taxes (federal, state/provincial and local), meals, gratuities, incidental charges, and service charges or facility charges, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner. Expenses not specifically stated herein will be the sole responsibility of each winner. It is the sole responsibility of a winner (and his or her guests if applicable) to have all necessary documentation required to travel to and from their jurisdiction of residence, and abroad, and to acquire their own insurance (including without limitation, with respect to baggage, travel, health and medical).
- PokerStars assumes no responsibility for any computer, online, human error or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the contest. If for any reason this contest is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of PokerStars or any act corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, PokerStars reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and /or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest or amend the contest rules. PokerStars shall not be responsible under any condition whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the contest. Any attempt by anyone to damage or disrupt the contest shall be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. PokerStars reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person.
- In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winning entries may be required to provide PokerStars with proof that the claimed winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit the prize.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- All participants agree that any discrepancy regarding the contest, qualifying tournament or any and all aspects of the promotion will be put forward to PokerStars for consideration and that the decision of PokerStars Management will be final and binding.
- PokerStars reserves the right (at any time) to cancel, modify or suspend the Event if, in the judgment of PokerStars, the Event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- In case of any disputes regarding any terms or conditions of The PokerStars.net Big Game promotion, the decision of PokerStars Management is final.
PokerStars.net Mobile Text Pro Poker Tips
Your registration for the Promotion (via the double opt-in procedure) shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the terms and conditions below for the benefit of Rational Poker School Limited ("PokerStars") and iLoop Mobile inc.
- An individual wishing to register for the Promotion (a “User”) must be 18 years old or over and the owner of the mobile phone or an authorised user of it who is authorised to incur charges.
- Upon registration for this promotion, Users will receive poker tips and news via text messages 10-12 times per month from PokerStars as the owner and operator of the site located at www.pokerstars.net for the period specified in paragraph 7 below (the “Promotion”).
- The mobile operators participating in this Promotion are AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, Nextel, Boost, Dobson and Alltel (each a “Mobile Operator”). If your mobile operator is not participating, you will not receive a reply to your messages.
- Users that register for the Promotion may be charged by their Mobile Operator for text messages in accordance with their individual subscription plan. Any charges will be billed by and payable to your Mobile Operator. PokerStars does not charge a fee for the Promotion.
- [Some Mobile Operators may not support some services at the prices offered.] Users with a pre-paid mobile subscription plan with a Mobile Operator may not be able to participate. Please check with your Mobile Operator before registering for this Promotion. Message and data rates may apply.
- To register for the Promotion text POKER or TIPS to the shortcode 52525. Your successful registration to the Promotion is subject to PokerStars' acceptance which shall be in its sole discretion. By registering for the Promotion you agree to receive text messages with poker tips and alerts from PokerStars.
- The Promotion will be provided from the date PokerStars accept your registration up to and including 21st January, 2011 unless and until the User or PokerStars cancel it.
- A User can terminate the Promotion at any time by texting STOP to the “Shortcode” 52525.
- In order to receive help information, text HELP to Shortcode 52525 or reply HELP to any message.
- PokerStars can suspend or cancel the Promotion in the event that a User breaches the conditions of use.
- Pokerstars is entitled to cancel the Promotion on 2 days notice to a User without any liability whatsoever to a User.
- The services of the Promotion are offered “as is” and a User shall have no claim or right of action towards Pokerstars or any other party regarding the Promotion, its features, limitations or its suitability for a User’s purposes. PokerStars does not undertake that the Promotion will be uninterrupted, regularly available, safe, free of errors and faults or impervious to hackers or other unauthorised access and nor is it liable in any way whatsoever for any of the foregoing. PokerStars will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any text messages connected with the Promotion. Delivery of text messages is subject to effective transmission from the Mobile Operator.
- PokerStars is not responsible for any damage, direct or indirect, caused by a User’s use of or reliance upon any information or content offered by or through the Promotion and each User waives any claim that it may otherwise have against PokerStars in this regard.
- Any message sent in a text message to the Shortcode from a User will become the property of PokerStars.
- PokerStars reserves the right to amend these conditions from time to time with 2 days notice.
- Publication, copying or re-distribution of any information provided via the Promotion is prohibited. Information provided via the Promotion is for the personal use of the User only.
- Privacy: We take great precautions to keep the information you share with us safe and private. We will not sell or give your personal information to other marketers without your express consent. However, from time to time, we would like your permission to send you sneak previews of new products, or personalized offers or tips. You will be receiving these offers or tips only if you choose to opt-in to these services. We also may ask for comments on how to improve our products or programs. In order to do so, your information may be securely shared with our agencies, who perform these services on our behalf, or safely stored in countries other than where collected. You can easily stop this type of communication at any time by contacting us at support@iLoopMobile.com.
Support and Contact information
For support and enquiries please contact:
PokerStars.net: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-561-8045;
iLoopMobile.com: www.iLoopMobile.com Support +1 408 907 3375 or U.S. toll-free 1-877-561-8045 U.S. Headquarters Tel: +1 408 907 3360 begin Fax: +1 408 907 3380 Our address is: iLoop Mobile inc. Suite 1560, 55 South Market Street San Jose, CA, 95113 Email: support@iLoopMobile.com
If you'd like to know more about The PokerStars.net Big Game please email email@example.com.
Go back to The PokerStars.net Big Game home page.